Here is an amazingly tasty chicken breast recipe to achieve tender and succulent chicken breasts perfectly cooked in white wine sauce.
The secret is in the herbs and the addition of whole pickling onions. You’ll need around 15 to 20 of these.
The whole dish takes only 30 minutes to cook and it is my husband’s favorite dinner. It is light because I don’t use any cream.
You can serve it with garlic bread which is our favorite side dish or with rice.
I will include the recipe for my simple garlic bread in the recipe card. Here is also a very short instruction video to watch.
Other delicious recipes you might be interested in Easy Pulled Pork Slow Cooker Recipe or Easy And Delicious Breakfast Eggs In A Hole.
It is important to cut the surface of the chicken breast crosswise, season it with salt and pepper, and finally dust it with some all-purpose flour.
The flour will help to thicken the sauce later on.
Peel and crush a couple of garlic cloves and chop up some fresh parsley. You will also need either fresh or dried thyme.
For the white wine, I have used a Sauvignon Blanc which I also serve later to go with our beautiful tasty chicken breasts and garlic bread on the side.
The chicken breasts are being pan-fried first in olive oil until golden brown. Once you turn the chicken breast, you can add the herbs, onion, garlic, and of course, the white wine.
Put the lid on and let it simmer for 30 minutes. All done!
We do love this simple yet so tasty dish, especially in the summertime when you only want a light dinner, nothing too hearty or heavy.
Enjoy with a chilled glass of your favorite white wine and maybe with a little salad on the side.
Don’t forget the crispy garlic bread to dunk up all of the delicious sauce.
Please let me know how you like the dish in the comment section below.
Tender Chicken Breast In White Wine Sauce
Please note that there are affiliate links in this post. Please read more in my affiliate disclosure.
Tender Chicken Breasts In White Wine Sauce
- Tinfoil (for the garlic bread)
- 3 chicken breasts
- 15 to 20 small (pickling) onions
- 4 tbsp flour
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- fresh or dried thyme
- 1 bunch Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine (your choice)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper
For the garlic bread
- 3 mini baguette
- 1 stick butter
- 1 tsp mixed dried herbs
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Prepare the chicken
- Wash the chicken and pat it dry with paper towels.
- Cut the breasts in half.
- Cut the surface of the chicken crosswise on both sides.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Coat the chicken breast in flour. Shake off any excess flour.
- Set the chicken aside.
Prep the other ingredients
- Chop the parsley and the garlic.
- Peel the onions but leave them whole.
Cooking the chicken breasts
- Heat up the oil in the large frying pan.
- Sear the chicken breasts on both sides until golden brown.
- Add all of the other ingredients and put the lid on.
- Let it simmer for 30 minutes,
- Serve with garlic bread, and a glass of chilled white wine. Enjoy!
- Cut the baguette into slices but don't cut all the way through, so it is still connected.
- Mix the ingredients with a fork until smooth.
- Spread thegarlic butter on the bread slices (on both sides).
- Wrap the baguette individually in tin foil.
More Popular Recipes You May Like
bestwafflemakersandmore.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, Amazon.com. Amazon offers a small commission on products sold through its affiliate links.