Be prepared to find the best recipe for stuffed mushrooms with cream cheese and roasted cherry tomatoes on the side. The combination of lots of fresh herbs, garlic, cream cheese, and olive oil is a match made in heaven.
This vegetarian dish is the perfect side dish or appetizer for Christmas, Thanksgiving, or any time in between.
Related post: The Best Christmas Breakfast Casserole and The Best Trifle For Any Occasion
To tell you the truth, I can never make enough of these tasty stuffed mushrooms because everyone in my family loves them, especially my 11-year-old daughter who has been a vegetarian for the past 2 years.
We love to eat them with a little side salad and slices of baguette bread to soak up the delicious olive oil the mushrooms have been baked in.
I am actually quite generous with the amount of olive oil that goes into the baking dish.
If you are not to keen on too much olive oil, you can use just a little bit. The result will be still delicious.
The combination of roasted cherry tomatoes plus the mushrooms is divine. So please, don’t skip the tomatoes. Trust me on this one.
To give these mushrooms a different flavor, you could add a bit of soft goat cheese with the cream cheese. Or, experiment with different herbs, add maybe a few chili flakes. Anything goes in my kitchen…
Best of all, the prep is just 15 minutes and the mushrooms are ready to eat in around 30 minutes. Quick, easy, and tasty. But you will still impress friends and family with this vegetarian dish.
The BEST Stuffed Mushrooms With Cream Cheese
Let’s check out the printable recipe. I am sure this yummy vegetarian dish will become a staple dish on your menu.
You can also watch my cooking tutorial here.
Stuffed Mushrooms with Cream Cheese
- Mixing bowl
- Flat grater
- 10 white mushrooms
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 brown onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 oz cream cheese = 125 grams
- 1 bunch fresh flat leave parsley, finely chopped
- 5 twigs fresh thyme, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Clean the mushrooms with a soft cloth. Gently brush off any dirt.
- Remove the mushroom stems with a teaspoon. Set the mushrooms aside for later.
- Finely chop the stems and also the onion.
- Heat up some olive oil in a frying pan and fry the stem/onion mixture until the onion becomes translucent.
- Season with a pinch of salt.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the cream cheese, herbs, grated garlic, and onion/stems until the mixture is smooth.
- Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- With a teaspoon, fill the mushrooms with the mixture.
- Put the filled mushroom into a baking dish.
- Put the cherry tomatoes in between the mushrooms.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 Degrees Celsius/350 Degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes.
- Let them cool down for a bit and ENJOY!