Waffles are one of these easy to make yet comforting foods your kids, friends, and family will cherish forever.
Today, I am going to share such an easy waffle recipe with you that you can whip up in a flash. The waffles are fluffy on the inside and crunchy on the outside.
Not in the mood to make the waffle batter from scratch? Check out our review post on the Best Waffle Mix Reviews.
These waffles are perfect for a special Sunday morning brunch, yummy sweet lunch, or afternoon snack for your hungry kiddos.
All you need are eggs, milk (you could also use soy or almond milk), a little bit of sugar, self raising (or self-rising) flour, and some butter.
A little bit of vanilla essence and you are good to go.
Most of us have these ingredients already in their pantry as staple items.
To make the waffles I use my trusted no-mess classic waffle maker by Breville. You can read my full review here.
Do I need to say more? Let’s get started.
The Best And Most Delicious Classic Waffles
- a hand mixer
- two large bowls
- a spatula
- a waffle iron
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups self-raising flour (or self – rising) If you don't have self-raising flour, substitute with all-purpose flour and 1 tsp baking powder for each cup of flour
- 2 cups milk you can also use almond or soy milk
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites and put the egg whites in a clean bowl.
- Put the egg yolks in another bowl and set aside.
- Use a hand mixer and beat the egg whites until stiff. Once it's done set aside.
- Add the sugar, flour, and milk into the egg yolks and stir until combined. Add vanilla essence and melted butter. Don't worry if the mixture looks a bit lumpy.
- Lastly, add the egg whites and fold in gently by using a spatula.
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- Once it reaches the right temperature, add your waffle batter. Make sure not to overfill because the batter will expand while it cooks.
- Once cooked, take the waffle out, and serve with your favorite toppings. Delicious!!!
Please let me know in the comments below, how you liked this recipe.