Everyone in my family loves corn fritters. Especially my eleven-year-old daughter who doesn’t eat meat but also not many vegetables.
Therefore I was so happy when she declared that crispy corn fritters are one of her favorite dishes. As an extra bonus for me, she can make them herself with a little bit of help on my part.
And what is not to like about these tasty, and so easy to make fritters. Once you know the basic recipe (as you will see below) you can add your favorite spices, herbs, and also ingredients like finely chopped red onions or crumbly feta cheese.
You can enjoy corn fritters as a light lunch or even for dinner, especially on these hot summer evenings, with a chilled glass of white wine.
We love to serve our easy and tasty corn fritters with a simple green salad, a freshly baked crusty flatbread, and our famous dip (please note: recipes are still to come).
But enough said, without further ado, here is our tried and tested recipe.
Our Easy And Tasty Corn Fritters Recipe
Easy And Tasty Corn Fritters
- a medium-sized bowl
- a frying pan
- a spatula
- 3 to 4 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can whole kernel sweetcorn
- 1 can creamed sweet corn
- 1 tsp fresh or dried chives
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste (I always use Himalayan salt)
- cooking oil for frying the corn fritters
- 1/2 red onion (finely chopped)
- 125 grams feta cheese
- herbs of your choice e.g. parsley, cilantro
- Mix the eggs with the flour.
- Add the cans with whole kernel sweetcorn and creamed sweetcorn and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the chives (and any other herbs and spices you would like to add).
- Heat some cooking oil (2 tbsp) in a frying pan.
- Add 2 tbsp of the batter to make one fritter; Note: depending on the size of your pan, you can make up to four fritters at a time.
- Once you see small bubbles appear, you can flip the fritter over.
- The fritter is cooked, when both sides are crispy brown.
- Note: 1. please fry the corn fritters on medium heat2. Add more cooking oil as needed but not too much
- When the fritter is cooked, transfer the corn fritters to a serving platter and eat while they are still hot.