Cheesecake is a magic word in my household. We just love it whether it is a no-bake or baked cheesecake. And in this post, I am going to share with you our best baked cheesecake recipe.
Our baked cheesecake has a light and creamy texture and a beautiful lemony flavor. Just perfect to dish up to celebrate birthdays or special occasions like Easter or Christmas.
Now I have to apologize for not having too many pictures. I just forgot to take them but you can still watch my video where I show you step-by-step how to make this wonderful cheesecake.
You can watch the video here.
But anyway, I promise you that this recipe is very easy and if you follow my instructions, you will not fail.
Other easy no-fail recipes are Easy Baked Brie Cheese Recipe (With 2 Ingredient Dinner Rolls), Crispy Fried Eggplant Recipe – Better Than Meat, or Recipe For Moist Apple Cake With Fresh Apples.
The combination of sour cream, cream cheese, sugar, and fresh lemon juice is the ideal blend of sour, creamy, and slightly sweet.
I only use one cup of sugar which is more than enough. But feel free to taste the cheese filling and adjust the sweetness to your liking.
I love to dust the finished cake with powdered sugar. To make it look pretty, I used freeze-dried strawberries for a pop of color.
You will need to be a bit patient in the process of making this cheesecake. It might be better to say after it comes out of the oven.
I recommend waiting until the cake has completely cooled down before slicing it. I know, I know … it is hard but worth it.
Now, it’s time for a cup of joe. Let’s dive into the recipe.
Please let me know in the comment box below how you like this recipe.
The Best Baked Cheesecake
Please note that this recipe contains affiliate links. Read my affiliate disclosure here.
Delicious Creamy Baked Cheesecake
- 1 spatula
- 1 small saucepan to melt the butter
- 1 Small mixing bowl for the crust
For the crust
- 200 grams digestive biscuits (7oz) or any of your choice
- 100 grams melted butter (4oz)
The cream cheese filling
- 750 grams cream cheese (26oz)
- 250 grams sour cream (9oz)
- 1 cup fine sugar
- 4 eggs
- zest and juice from 1/2 lemon
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour – sieved
Making the crust
- Using a stand mixer, stick blender, or a heavy object, finely ground the biscuits.
- Mix the biscuits and melted butter together.
- Press into the cake pan (lined with parchment paper) and put into the fridge for 30 minutes.
The cream cheese filling
- Put the cream cheese (should be at room temperature) into the large bowl.Start mixing with the hand mixer.
- Gradually add the sugar, followed by the lemon juice and zest.
- Add the sour cream and mix in.
- Add the eggs one at a time and incorporate well.
- The mixture should be smooth and glossy now.
- Lastly, add the sieved flour and fold it in with a spatula.
- Pour the mixture into the springform pan.
- Tap the pan to remove any air bubbles.
- Preheat the oven to 380 F/180Degrees Celcius
- Bake the cheesecake for 60 minutes.
- Turn the oven off but leave the cake in the oven for another 60 minutes. Have the oven door open slightly.
- Finally, put the cake in the fridge to let it cool down.
- Garnish with some powdered sugar and fruit or cream to your liking. (optional)
bestwafflemakersandmore.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, Amazon.com. Amazon offers a small commission on products sold through its affiliate links.